At Higher Carthew Farm, guest satisfaction is our upmost priority and each cottage is maintained to an impeccable standard.
Our four self catering properties come with high-quality amenities for an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Every comfort has been thought of, from a freshly baked Cornish cream tea which awaits each new arrival, with a bottle of local tipple and fresh flowers, to sampling our delicious free range eggs, laid by our own hens!
We have a good selection of maps and local walking books, and nearby cycle hire is also available for those wishing to discover the hidden beauty of Cornwall.
We provide free WIFI, and there is a lockable shed where you can keep your bikes and surfboards stored away.
Self catering accommodation for couples
Higher Carthew Farm offers four stylish one bedroomed self catering cottages which are a fully equipped for your stay. The well appointed kitchen and spacious lounge/ dining area means you have all you need for a home from home if you prefer not to eat out. Cornwall is blessed with fresh local ingredients from both sea and land with many artisan food producers to tempt you!
The cottages are in a quiet setting – ideal as a base for sightseeing and for walkers to access The South West Coast Path and local Mining trails.
We are open all year round and look forward to welcoming you to Higher Carthew Farm and sharing our secret hideaway.
Jeremy and Jane Dunstan.
- Individual 4* self catering accommodation for 2 people
- Cottages in a peaceful location with grounds to roam
- Friendly approachable hosts
- Easy access for the South West Coast Path
- Good location for sightseeing and many local restaurants
- Wildlife watching on your doorstep
- Use of Orchard for picnics and painting/drawing
- Situated in The Cornish Mining World Heritage Site
- Lambs at springtime
- Lockable cycle/ surf board storage facility
- Weekend and mid-week short breaks available
- Designated onsite parking
- Pet-free, smoke-free cottages
- Cosy character cottages
- Ensuite accommodation
- Outdoor patios with seating area and BBQ
- Fresh flowers on arrival
- Welcome Cornish tray consisting of scones, jam, clotted cream and local cider.
- Free WIFI
- Wood burners
- BBQs (briquettes on site for sale)
- All heating and electricity included
- Two cottages are all on one level with walk in showers
- Flat screen TV with DVD player